Helping Kids Be Kids
November 3, 2018
We would like to thank everyone who helped to make the 18th Annual Children's Foundation of Muskoka a great success. Please check back soon to see how much money was raised to support children in Muskoka.
October 1, 2018
Yet another business is supporting the children of Muskoka to make active healthy lifestyle choices. The Bike Shops in Gravenhurst and Huntsville will be making a donation to the CFM for every bike 'tune up' they perform.
October 1, 2018
We are pleased to announce a new partnership between the CFM and ProActive Rehab in Huntsville, Ontario. For every assessment made on a monthly basis, ProActive Rehab will donate $1. What a great way to get kids active and healthy in Muskoka! Thanks!
To focus community resources for the enrichment of the lives of Muskoka children.
The Children's Foundation of Muskoka is an independent, non-profit organization formed in 1989 by volunteers in Muskoka. CFM raises funds in our local community, in partnership with individuals, businesses, and service organizations. We are also a community partner with Canadian Tire's Jump Start Program.
Through our community partnerships, we are able to help children and families in practical ways when no other help is available. We provide funds to meet the recreational, cultural, medical, and emotional needs of the children we serve. Our grants provide children in Muskoka the opportunities to grow and develop.
As a Foundation, we believe:
- in the creation of a community where equality of opportunity is offered to all children;
- that we must be proactive in enabling the community to respond to the needs of children;
- in helping children and families in situations where other resources are not available;
- that all grant decisions that are made will be based exclusively on the needs of the children involved;
- that we must encourage the deployment of volunteers and 'Friends of the Foundation' to assist our efforts.
George Corn was an active Bracebridge/Muskoka Lakes Rotarian and avid hockey player who sadly passed away in October, 2015. To honour his memory, George's family and friends decided to create a fund to support kids in Muskoka to play hockey facing financial barriers. We appreciate this incredible contribution! Donations to this project can be made directly to the CFM.